Frequently Asked Questions
Microblading (or eyebrow embroidery) is a relatively new, manual method. It is considered to be semi-permanent, as compared to the traditional hairstroke technique. It is done using a very fine blade to deposit pigments into the epidermis. Because we’re impacting color closer to the surface, the strokes appear crisp and very fine. The results are natural looking, hair-like strokes, regardless of the amount of hair present.
Eyeliner: The procedure for eyeliner can take up to 1h-1h 30 mins.
Lips: The procedure for lips can take up to 1h-1h 30 mins.
Please allow an extra 15 min. after the procedure is finished before leaving.
- Using Accutane
- Have heart conditions or using heart medications
- Have diabetes (will require a physician’s note)
- Hepatitis or HIV
- Have skin disease or irritations
- Have had Botox in the last 2 weeks
- Have gotten a deep tan or chemical peels in the last 2 weeks
- Allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
- Anyone who has any serious medical conditions may require a physician’s note.
- For your safety Amor Beauty Bar will not perform any semi-permanent makeup services on pregnant or nursing clients
The touchup is performed 4-8 weeks after the first appointment. Depending on each individuals skin type, etc. you may not require a touchup or you may require multiple touchups.
With Microblading, touchups are recommended every six months to a year, to keep the integrity of the shape, the color fresh and the strokes crisp.
With Powder Ombré, touchups are recommended every 1-3 years depending on each person’s skin type and how well their skin holds onto the color.